Monday, September 14, 2009

Hearts & Diamonds Win The Hand!

One thing that I love in SL that I just don't have enough of are great, simple dresses. I don't always need a lot of ruffles and flowy skirts. A simple design with great texturing and print? Heck yes, sign me up!

My friend Shiryu Musashi of Musashi-Do created some absolutely wonderful simple silk short cocktail dresses recently, and of course I just HAD to have them. Shiryu is a real gem, not just in designing but in how he conducts himself. When he asks me for an opinion, I know I can give it to him AND he will listen. I swear one day he'll hate me for being so picky, but for now it works. :) Check out his latest dresses - Waving Heart and Diamonds On Me.






The pictures really don't do the dress justice, because in world, the silk texture is so gorgeous, it makes you feel like you can reach out and touch it. Shiryu is a "Hand-Painting Activist," so all of his textures are hand drawn. [Don't go shopping with him. He points out all the photosourced stuff!!] And he's painstakingly tried to get the prim of the skirt to match up with the texture of the dress. It is a pretty darn good match!

Each print comes in 5 colors, and you can pick them up for $225L for a single dress, or $799L for a fatpack. I suggest fatpacking. :-D

If you want the same style of dress but in a simpler print, there are 2 FREE dresses at Musashi-Do in black and white prints. They're just as yummy as these cocktail dresses.

Less reading, more shopping!!

Also in this post:

Skin: Misty Pale in Glam by League
Hair: Deena in Happy Blond by fri.day
Eyes: Open Ocean by Miriel [no longer available]
Lashes: Diva by LeLutka
Shoes: PinUp heels by Stiletto Moody
Bracelet by Edge Grafica in Black & White
Ring: White Chocolate by SyDS
Back tattoo: Creeping Roses by Tuli [found in a hunt]
Poses by MayoNaise and Pffiou!


1 comment: